This post references to Salzburg Trailrunning Festival. Due to c19 the 2020 edition was conducted as virtual race for a two weeks period. Participants had to run the given race track either with our Tracking App or record & upload their activities with a fitness tracker. Instead of a chip timing system, the timekeeper time2win used our tracking platform to flexibly generate virtual timestamps for results.
Just watch the event replay visualizing recorded geolocations. Looks boring! 200 participants running 6km random for two weeks. As participants do not meet the recap doesn't feel like a race: racemap.com/player/salzburg-trailrunning-festival-panoramatrail_2020
Our new net replay feature synchronizes all participants to the start area. The replay looks as if all athletes start together and becomes exciting & comparable: racemap.com/player/salzburg-trailrunning-festival-panoramatrail-net-replay_2020
We developed the net replay feature to visualize contests with differently starting athletes such as wave start or virtual race. Now you can synchronize the recorded activities to replay all athletes together. Net replay simulates that all participants are together at the same time. Select the split such as start or finish to fit the visualization of your participants to one specific point.
Three parameters to adapt the recap perfectly to the recorded activities of your event.
- Split: Location where you want the participants being synced together
- Time: Corresponds with the position of the slider you want the participants being synced.
- Trim: Length of the slider.
Trim condenses the replay of long-lasting races as it does not show the total event.
- 100km-Duathlon virtual edition with a trimmed slider for 8 hours showing all activities perfectly: racemap.com/player/100km-duathlon_2020-05-02
- The same event with a slider of 4 months total event duration: racemap.com/player/bike-only--100km-duathlon-c-special-test_2020-05-01